Allegra

Monday, May 18, 2009

THE MAGIC WORDS

princess pins lanyard - I'll pay for i

At Disney World, they have created quite the business around trading pins. There are carts and stores everywhere within the parks that you can pick up hundreds of different pins, backs, locking backs, and lanyards to pin them on. All are horrendously over-priced, and as such are right at home in Disney parks.

Well, the boys were perusing some pins while Kristen grabbed some fast passes to a ride. Allegra squirmed out of the stroller and decided to have a look for herself. She locked immediately on to a pink box, containing a pink Disney lanyard and several pins of the Disney Princesses. She grabbed the box off the shelf and carried it around the remainder of our time at the shop.

Figuring after a few minutes she would lose interest (as is typical), I tried getting it away from her. No luck whatsoever - she had a death grip on the thing. I tried once or twice more before Kristen came back and met us. Allegra was still carrying the box around, uninterested in giving it up no matter how I tried to reason with her.

After some discussion, we decided to get the kids each a lanyard and a couple pins to start as a regularly updated souvenir for this, and future trips. (Without paying much attention to cost, I didn't consider that 3 nylon lanyards and 6 pins would run me upwards of $80!!) So I gathered the items the boys had chosen, and then approached Allegra, ready for a fight.
"Peetie, I need that so I can pay for it."
Without even blinking an eye, she handed it right over. No fight, no problem.

Apparently 'I'll pay for it' was something of a magical phrase to her. I'm clearly in a LOT of trouble, if at only two years old she's already recognized the power she has over Daddy...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home