Allegra

Saturday, March 14, 2009

THE RUNNING ARMS OPEN WITH A SMILE GREETING

Is there any better?

I met Kristen, Tobin, and Allegra at Costco for lunch a couple days ago. When they saw me walking in behind them, Kristen turned around and told Allegra I was here. She squirmed. Kristen put her on the floor, and she nearly tripped over herself as she ran for me. He silky-fine hair blowing up and behind her, her arms wide in expectation of the daddy-hug to come. An crazed smile on her face. When she got to within a foot of me, she stopped, and just fell forward, knowing Daddy would snatch her up. (I'm glad she stopped close enough to me, so I didn't spoil her view of the world!) When I grabbed her, I got a full body hug from my tiny princess - one that she held for a glorious minute or two.

I was easily the most blessed guy in the entire Costco warehouse that day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home