Allegra

Saturday, October 3, 2009

CRAP

Kids are sponges. It's a common enough fact, but when your little ones don't talk yet, it's easy to dismiss the idea. The crazy part for me has always been that point in time where they start to verbalize things, and you realize they've understood you for quite some time - what do they really know?! What have I said? Well, in this case, it's not me (I'm proud to say).

When things aren't all roses, Kristen's four-letter-word of choice, is 'crap'. It's pretty cute when she says it, actually - it's fast, emphasis on the '-ap' part, and almost a proper pronunciation of the word, 'crepe'. And since Allegra's yet to start preschool, she's around all the time, soaking up the experiences. Yup, you can see where this is going.

This evening, as I was doing some dishes, some water splashed to the floor. Allegra was nearby, and I heard a small, cute, "crrap". It wasn't exclamatory, but rather matter-of-fact. "Crrap." I couldn't help but laugh.

As I was carrying her around the house, on the way up to bed - she knew the final destination - she laid her head on my shoulder, and just kept muttering "crap", the entire time. I was giggling. It was just too funny.

Now we've the task of not laughing at it, and getting her to stop. Wish us luck...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home