Allegra

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

BEST AGE

I don't think any parent is ever a professional, regardless of the number of kids they've raised. But after 3 of my own, I'm pretty comfortable in saying that the 15 month old age is pretty much the best. Of their sub-two years at least. Allegra solidifies this stance for me, as she can only be described as an absolute pleasure right now. (Yes, I even felt that about the boys when they were this age!) Not a day has gone by as of late, that I worry I'll forget the what a joy they are with Allegra.

She's an angel amongst angels to begin with, but just to watch her is about as blissful as it could get. She smiles at everything, happy with her little world. As if her beaming smile wasn't enough, her tiny body wiggles with excitement and glee too. She's a fiend for Peekaboo, and I'm all too happy to comply. She explores everything, yet she's not to the stage of being a menace, so it's still cute and exciting to watch. And her gentle nature is just so sweet as she attempts to communicate her needs and desires (like dropping the remote control on our heads in the morning when she wants to watch Handy Manny).

Typically she doesn't go to sleep until sometime in the 9 o'clock hour, though it's not stressful when she's still awake. She giggles, and loves on us, and makes life perfect, regardless of the day.

I desperately want to remember these days. Her little toothy smile. The wispy, silken hair in her face. The pure love and contentment she has when she's got mommy and daddy all to herself. These are good days, of which I know there will be many more. Nonetheless, I hope they're among the ones that flash before my eyes when I'm old and my time's almost up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home