Allegra

Monday, October 1, 2007

PURE BLISS

Allegra's nearly 4 months old already. I'm sad at how the time has just flown-by already. I can't help but feel as though I've fallen down on the job of writing about her initial months in our family, but really, there's not a whole lot to tell. The main point is that she is simply a pleasure, and I cannot imagine a baby being any easier than this. (Which is odd, because after the boys, I couldn't imagine a baby being even remotely easy...)

The only speed bump along the way has been the reflux that Allegra dealt with the first few weeks. But even with that discomfort, she was still as happy as could be. The sweet baby that sleeps through the night, smiles most of her waking moments, and can be set down to 'play' on her own for short periods of time seems to be here to stay. (knocking vigorously on wood...)

A great example of her temperment came the other night. I had been sitting on the couch talking with her for a bit, before sitting her on my lap, facing out while I watched television. After a bit she started to fuss. Now I should point out that Allegra's fuss is pretty much the equivalent of most babies in a happy mood. So I put her on my shoulder, figuring she'd like to change positions - she really only likes to be on our shoulder, or sitting facing out, she's not the type to dig the cradling position. She was still fussing, so I stood and rocked her. She was immediately happy again so after 5 minutes I sat back down. Unhappy again. I finally decided that maybe she was just tired, so I laid her in her crib. Without a peep she stuck her thumb in her mouth and put herself to sleep!

This is what I'm talking about. She knew what she wanted - for me to leave her alone and let her sleep. She wasn't in the mood to deal with me holding her in a dozen different positions or any of that nonsense - she was simply ready for sleep and wanted to be left to it. And for that, she shall always been treated like a Princess!

I really can't communicate what a pleasure Allegra is in our family. I could sit and 'talk' with her all day, watching her beautiful smile, listening to her coo or giggle. It's just the best. We are so very blessed that she's a part of our family.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home