Allegra

Friday, May 30, 2008

LATE NIGHT CUDDLE BUG

Most nights, after the boys are in their room (I don't say asleep, because, let's just be honest here), Allegra will be in bed with Kristen and I while we watch some TV, or read, or whatever. This time of night is when she comes alive, as if she knows full well it's her personal time with mommy and daddy.

I don't have a more favorite time ever. She's giggly, and growly, and rollie-polie. I can get her giggling like no other time. She wants to stand and fall over, and roll over both of us. She will growl at us to get us to growl back, which goes on for 5 minutes at a time. And then as she's about ready for bed, she'll just settle down a bit and lay sweetly on each of us (back and forth), sucking her thumb, and usually stroking our arm or face. There's no sweeter moment, and I desperately hope to remember them for the rest of my life.

Oh, and then the best part? If you ask her is she's ready for her crib, to go to bed? She nods in the affirmative and grunts at us. So we take her up and lay her down without even a peep.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home